Our company, Ideal Landscaping & Irrigation, has been proudly serving the Triad since 1999. Our crew is looking to add an irrigation and lawn care manager to our team.
2023 will be our first year performing our own lawn care applications; up until this year, we were contracting out our lawn care services. This position is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we continue to grow our market share. Former/current golf course superintendents or assistant superintendents are encouraged to apply!
Our office is located in Kernersville, North Carolina. All irrigation and lawn care manager applicants must live in Kernersville or in a nearby area such as Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point, Oakridge, or Walkertown.
As an irrigation and lawn care manager, 60% of your time will be spent in the field with clients and crews, and 40% of your time will be spent in the office developing and refining production plans.
Irrigation & Lawn Care Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement production plans that ensure green, lush, dense, weed-free lawns and proper use of our water resources
- Modify, develop, and adjust our turf care programs
- Properly operate and troubleshoot irrigation system components by Rain Bird, Hunter, Weathermatic, Orbit, Rachio, Toro, and others
- Educate and train personnel to identify and report potential problems
- Monitor progress of applications to ensure effective results
- Ensure efficiency of operations meets the estimated labor budgets
- Ensure proper service repairs are completed on the first visit to eliminate return trips and call backs
- Maintain a safety-first, quality-second culture
- Use “the buck stops here” mentality to ensure quality lawn and irrigation care
Irrigation & Lawn Care Manager Requirements:
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license that is not currently suspended or revoked (driving record must meet the insurance carrier’s policy requirements)
- Ability to acquire North Carolina Pesticide Applicators license within 6 months on the job
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to build rapport with others
- Observational and analytical problem-solving skills, including an eye for spotting potential lawn or landscaping issues early on and the ability to accurately assess the problem and identify the specific solution
- Ability and desire to communicate and interact with others professionally, to please customers, and to express sincere concern for customer needs
- High school education diploma or equivalent
- Previous lawn care or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of common regional plants, fertilization techniques, irrigation, types of turf, lawn diseases, weeds, and outdoor pests
- Must possess ability to operate lawn, fertilization, and weed/pest prevention/elimination equipment including but not limited to backpack sprayers, measuring wheels, hand-sprayers, commercial dry fertilizer lawn spreaders, lawn hoses, irrigation equipment, hand and carpenter tools, truck equipment, and safety equipment.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle and mobile tablet.
- 40/hrs a week Monday-Friday in addition to extended workdays, overtime, and weekend work as needed
Benefits & Compensation:
- Salary is $60,000+, based on experience
- Paid vacation time
- 401(k) program
- Company vehicle for business and limited personal use