Designing an outdoor kitchen is exciting and gives you the opportunity to customize it to meet your wants and needs. Having an outdoor kitchen in North Carolina lets you enjoy the outdoors at any time of the year while cooking a delicious meal. When designing your outdoor kitchen, you'll need to choose whether you want to use a kit or if you want to create a custom design from scratch. You'll also need to choose which amenities you want to add to your outdoor kitchen to make cooking and entertaining more convenient for you, such as refrigerators, built-in grills, seating walls, and more! You should also consider investing in outdoor lighting so that you can use your outdoor kitchen any time, even after the sun goes down!
1. Do you want to use a kit or create a custom design for your outdoor kitchen?
When designing an outdoor kitchen, you can choose if you want to use a kit or if you would rather create a custom design from scratch. Here are the differences:
- Kits - These come with a basic structure design, and from there, you can customize the building materials and amenities that you want for your kitchen.
- Custom - Custom designs allow you to create everything, including the structural design from scratch. While creating an outdoor kitchen from scratch can take a little longer than using a kit, you'll be able to design your dream kitchen.
2. What amenities do you want to add to your outdoor kitchen?
One of the most exciting parts about getting an outdoor kitchen is choosing what amenities you want to add to it. You'll want to add amenities that will make cooking and entertaining more convenient. Some common amenities that can be added to outdoor kitchens include:
- Refrigerators - Fridges are used to store perishables and for easy access to cold foods and products.
- Outdoor burners - Burners allow you to cook outside rather than on the indoor stove.
- Built-in grills - These give you the option to grill your food for its signature smoky flavor.
- Built-in coolers - Coolers hold ice-cold refreshments.
- Track drawers - Drawers are helpful to store utensils and other kitchen tools.
- Seating walls - Seating walls provide convenient seating options for you and your guests.
3. Do you want to add outdoor lighting to your outdoor kitchen?
Installing outdoor lighting on your property is a great way for you to be able to enjoy your outdoor kitchen at any time, even after the sun has set! Not only will outdoor lighting allow you to use your outdoor kitchen at night, but it will also add to the ambiance of your property. And, if you have any other features on your property that you are proud of, it will highlight those as well!
Make sure the lights you use for your outdoor lighting system have LED bulbs as these bulbs are energy efficient and are built to last!
Give us a call today to have an outdoor kitchen installed on your property!
At Ideal Landscaping & Irrigation, we have been installing outdoor kitchens for 23 years. We have kits that you can choose from to get a jump-start on the structure of your new outdoor kitchen, or you can customize it from scratch! There are a plethora of amenity options you can include to create an outdoor kitchen that you'll love. We also offer customizable outdoor lighting so that you can use your kitchen at night and bring attention to features you want to show off!
We proudly serve commercial, HOA, and residential properties in Greensboro, NC, and surrounding locations such as Winston-Salem and Summerfield. Give us a call at (336) 396-9191 to have an outdoor kitchen installed on your property!